A High-frequency electrotome is one of the electrosurgical equipment that replaces the mechanical scalpel for tissue cutting. It is widely used in surgical operations and is divided into monopolar electrotome and bipolar electrotome. Some newcomers are still not very clear about how to use the Electrosurgical Pencil, so today I will give you a brief introduction.
Composition of electric knife
The monopolar electric knife is generally composed of a host, an electric knife pen, a foot control switch and a negative plate;
The bipolar electric knife is generally composed of a host, bipolar tweezers and a foot switch, and does not require a negative plate.
Some electrosurgical pens have manual control switches. For example, the disposable monopolar surgical electrodes produced by Wuhan Micron Medical have manual control switches. Yellow represents cutting, and blue represents coagulation. Intraoperative control is more convenient and quick.
Operation steps of monopolar electrosurgical unit:
1. Connect the power line and the negative plate line;
2. Turn on the power of the main unit, perform a self-check on power-on, and select the appropriate output power according to the main unit manual and the needs of the operation;
3. The negative electrode plate is pasted to the appropriate part of the patient with rich muscles and is easy to observe;
4. Connect the electric knife pen circuit and use the manual or foot control switch;
5. After use, turn off the power of the host first, and then pull out the power plug.
Operation steps of bipolar electrosurgical unit:
1. Connect the power supply, connect the pedal, and put it under the operator's feet, so that it is convenient to control the switch with the pedal;
2. The host of the electrosurgical unit performs self-inspection at startup, and the output power is set according to the manual of the host and the needs of the surgery;
3. Connect the plug of bipolar coagulation forceps;
4. According to the needs during the operation, use bipolar electric coagulation forceps to clamp the tissue or bleeding point, step on the pedal to stop the bleeding, and then release the pedal;
5. After use, first turn off the host switch, and then unplug the power plug.